Supermicro now offers client/enterprise NVMe NVMe™ SSDs in the industry-standard M.2 2280/22110 form factor, with up to 1024GB of capacity. M.2 form factor NVMe SSDs support up to four lanes of PCIe® 3.1, delivering a maximum interface bandwidth more than six times that of SATA's 6.0Gbit/s. The NVMe protocol is optimized for solid state technology and designed for low latency. Powerful error correction technology helps protect customer data from corruption, improves reliability, and extends the life of the SSD. Engineered for power efficiency, client/enterprise NVMe M.2 SSDs take advantage of the lower power state modes defined by the PCIe specification.
M.2-NVMe-SSD Product Specifications:
||128GB up to 1024GB
||PCIe Gen3 x4 Lanes
|Sequential Read/Write Performance (MB/s)
||Up to 2500/1570**
|Active Power Consumption (Typical)
||0°C (Tc) – 80°C (Tc)
M.2-NVMe-SSD Key Advantages:
- High Capacity: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB & 1.0TB
- Performance: NVMe ~ 6x better IOPS and reduced latency than comparable SATA device
- Power Savings: Consumes < 6W in "Active" mode, with support for (L1.2 )-Low Power Management (6-Pwr. States)
- Data Integrity: Robust Error Correction Code
- Data Protection: Thermal Throttling capability
- Data Security: TCG- "Pyrite" supported
- Small Form Factor: Industry standard (2280) 22mm x 80mm size and (22110) 22mm x 110mm size
Systems which support M.2-NVMe-SSD:
- Mini-1U Systems
- 1U Systems
- Mini-Tower Systems
- 3U MicroCloud
Motherboards which support M.2-NVMe-SSD:
- X10SDV Flex ATX Motherboards
- X10SDV Mini-ITX Motherboards
- SkyLake Workstation Motherboards
- SkyLake Desktop Motherboards
M.2 Carrier Card Installation Manual:
AOC (Add-on Card) which support M.2-NVMe-SSD:
M.2-SSD Product details for Qualified M.2-SSD Vendors
Show Qualified M.2-SSD SKUs:
* Definition of capacity: Defined as a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
** Read and write speed may vary depending on the host device, read and write conditions, and file size.
*** TCG: Trusted Computing Group
The product specifications are subject to change without notice.
PCIe® and PCI Express® are registered trademarks of PCI-SIG.
NVMe™ and NVM Express™ are trademarks of NVM Express, Inc.